Breakthrough: 22 Steps to Your Best Story Ever
The only screenwriting software that gives you a great story, in a fraction of the time, while you write your script.
New Features of Blockbuster 6
• New look
• New redesigned Draft page with details from up to 3 genre structure steps attached
• The ability to work in 3 genres simultaneously
• Redesigned Navigation tree for easier navigation
• Updated Character List page
• Reorganized Help system that gives you exactly the information you need to write your best story, while you’re writing
• More powerful Scene Weave screen
6 Easy Steps to a Great Script
|1. PREMISE and GENRE
• Premise and Genre screens show you the “gold” of your idea and which genres are best for expressing it.
• Create your story strategy and defeat story problems at the beginning.
• Find what is truly original in your story and execute it professionally.
|2. CHARACTER WEB
• Character Web and World screens help you create complex characters that grow over the course of the story and move the reader.
• Compare your characters’ wants and needs so all characters are unique and well-rounded.
• Connect all the character and story elements under the surface in a seamless whole.
• The Plot screen takes you through the 22 Building Blocks of every great story, giving you a surprising plot that builds steadily from beginning to end.
• Banish 2nd Act problems forever with the most detailed plot map ever created.
• Use one of 8 story shapes to clarify the path of your story.
|4. SCENE LIST
• The “drag and drop” Scene List lets you figure out the ideal sequence in a fraction of the time.
• Tag each scene with one of the 22 Building Blocks of every great script to find the right structural order for your scenes.
• Create story strategies to bring each scene to life.
• Rewrite shows you the deep structural weaknesses that are likely to be in your script and takes you through the best order for fixing them.
• Identify the story mistakes you’ve made from a checklist of possible weaknesses or write your own, scene by scene.
|6. COACHING HELP
• The most extensive coaching system for writers ever created, including, in text form, Truby’s complete 22 Step Great Screenwriting Class.
• 6 major help areas to explain every aspect of the storytelling craft.
• Over 100 story examples on screen and online to solve any story problem you might encounter.
• 8 story shapes to show you how to build the perfect plot for your unique idea.
•103 Greatest Characters in fiction to help you craft a great character of your own.
OSX 10.6.3 or greater, Java SE6 version 3 (Minimum monitor resolution: 1280 x 800).
Windows 7, 8 or 10 (Minimum monitor resolution: 1280 x 800).
Among the legions of screenplay guru devotees, few would deny that John Truby is the most cutting edge of the lot. For success, Truby and his software program is a match made in screenwriting heaven…
No, Blockbuster will not solve all of writing’s perennial ills, but it does bring the cure several giant steps closer.”
Wade Major, Entertainment Today
I think of all of them Truby’s the best… his stuff cuts the deepest, and allows you to develop the most detailed structure and outline of any of the teaching methods.”
Larry Wilson, co-writer Beetlejuice, The Addams Family – The Writer’s Guild Journal
If you’re ready to graduate from the boy-meets-girl league of screenwriting, meet John Truby…(His course draws) epiphanies that make you see the contours of your psyche as sharply as your script.”
Blockbuster is all that it is advertised to be, a virtual screenwriting school, and a great one at that.
Skip Press, The Complete Idiot’s Guilde to Screenwriting
This guy is the best script doctor in the movie industry, and this program makes you tell a good story whether you want to or not. A winner. If you even toy with the idea of storytelling, you must have this product. Highly recommended.”
John C. Dvorak, PC Magazine
I’m not exaggerating: Truby’s Blockbuster revolutionized how I work. It’s the simplest way I’ve ever found to build structure, character and theme. If you use a computer to write screenplays, you’ll want Blockbuster.”
Laurence Dworet, screenwriter Outbreak
Blockbuster is an ingenious and multilevel guide through the maze of story organization… way ahead of any other writing tool I know of.”
Jeff Arch, screenwriter Sleepless in Seattle
I think of all of them Truby’s the best. I actually use Blockbuster, because I think he’s really good. For my taste, his stuff cuts the deepest, and allows you to develop the most detailed structure and outline.”
Larry Wilson, screenwriter Beetlejuice, Addams Family
Truby’s Blockbuster provides a structure both to elicit and keep track of the multitude of ideas and details that emerge in transforming the first vague musings into the finished project.”
L. R. Shannon, New York Times