Over the last few years, I’ve come to feel strongly that writers are getting a raw deal.
And I don’t like it.
(Tink agrees with me too!)
If you’re ready to jump on board with the new Truby Story Program, you can register here:
I’ve seen thousands of writers – intelligent, committed, hard working – and they can’t get their work made or published no matter how hard or how long they try. After years of banging their heads against the wall, after years of “NO”, or worse no response at all, they give up.
It’s just too painful.
But what really makes me mad – and those of you who have taken my classes have heard me rant about this for years – is that writers invariably think it’s their fault. “I did everything ‘they’ told me to do. I guess I just don’t have the talent.”
I’m sorry, but that’s just wrong.
Enough is enough. For 99% of the writers I meet, and I bet I know more writers than anyone else in the world, the problem isn’t a lack of talent. Or commitment. Or willingness to put in the hard work.
The problem is they’re not using a campaign of training and production that is designed, from the beginning and every step of the way, to lead inexorably to professional success.
Understanding this is the first step to that goal of professional success.
So how do you achieve professional success?
What you don’t do is what you’ve probably done in the past. You work hard. You work in isolation. You hope that you’re smart enough to beat the odds that are stacked against you. You try to figure out how you can be that one person who reaches the top of the pile, at which point you enter the promised land of fame and fortune as one of the few jackpot winners in the worldwide entertainment industry.
This is the old paradigm.
And it does not work.
Because you’re playing their game, and they will always win their game.
No, you have to create a new game, your game.
A game where you are guaranteed to win.
Because success is not based on beating thousands of other people in a life and death battle for scarce resources.
Success is based on creating resources, creating value, creating your story brand and voice that no one else in the world can do but you.
This paradigm always works, and it works for every writer who uses it!
And that, my fellow writers, is what the Truby Story Program is all about:
a campaign of training and production designed to lead inexorably to your professional success.
Here’s how it works:
- It’s a monthly 90-minute online video group training session that I will lead.
- Each session will cover a key story element you must master in order to write a great story, in any medium, whether screenplay, teleplay, novel, webisode, short film, short story, or video game.
- I will occasionally ask workshop members to send me some element of their story before the session. I will go through some of these submissions during the session and explain how they can be improved.
- Training sessions will be designed to correct real story problems writers are having, as well as train writers to use a powerful process for fixing their own problems for any story they write in the future.
- Each session will be one step in a focused sequence for each writer to create their own unique story brand, which can be produced and/or published when the work is finished.
So let’s review…
How to Become a “First” member of the Truby Story Program:
Places on this program are limited to make sure that everyone gets enough help and attention. If you want in, you know what to do…
I hope you’ll join me in creating this path to your professional success.
To writing smart,
Story coach to best-selling novelists, studios, and film and TV writers
Truby’s Writers Studio
P.S. If you’re ready to take your writing to the next level, then go ahead and register for this program. I’m looking forward to working with you.