How to Write A TV Drama Script That Will Get You Work.
For the last decade, the best dramatic writing in America has been found on television. The 1-hour TV Drama is a very lucrative and creative one for writers, but the challenge to write great scripts under impossible deadlines is intense.
The class is designed to make you a top professional TV writer, able to work on the staff of any show on television. It teaches you how to break down a show so you can write a terrific spec script that will get you hired. You will also learn the different story beats for the key genres of 1-hour TV, how to include Emmy-
winning elements in your story, how to sequence stories in a season, and how to create your own successful TV Drama.
Table of Contents:
- The High Concept TV Premise
- How TV Changes the Major Story Genres
- The 11 TV Drama Story Beats
- Setting up the 4-Point Opposition
- The All-important TV Story Weave
- How to Write the Spec Script That Will Get You Work
- Detective Story Beats
- Crime Story Beats
- Soap Opera Beats
- Historical Drama Beats
- How to Sequence the Stories to Create a Great Season
- Tricks of Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire, The Good Wife, Lost, Sopranos and more
- How to Create a Hit TV Dramatic Series