Anatomy of Story Audio Class
Question: How do you write the most compelling version of your story?
Answer: You start with its Anatomy.
The Anatomy of Story Class is the introduction to the Truby story system. This is the class that has trained writers around the world, and teaches the professional techinques that have been developed over the last 30 years of creating blockbusters.
Start here. This is the course that will give you the fundementals and the grounded techniques that you can start applying to your story right away.
Here’s what it covers:
• How to structure a story – 7 stages.
This is the DNA of your story. The anchor steps for how it will take shape. Unlike superficial beat sheets, this “structured” approach allows you to create a story completely unique to your characters and plot. You need to find and pull out these unique components right at the beginning of the process.
Get these right upfront, and you’re almost guaranteed to write a good story.
Without them, it’s guaranteed to fail.
• How to create Narrative Drive, the single driving force of your story. This is the most important aspect of ANY story you write. (Master this and 80% of your work is done!)
• Why everything depends on a great premise, (along with the 7 steps), to create something that grabs the attention of studios and audiences alike.
• How to create characters that move the reader emotionally, and give you more plot. (Knowing how to generate plot is one of the keys to writing both a great script and an outstanding novel. 90% of writers have no clue how to do this.)
• The 5 Major character changes that can make your story a box office hit.
• The 4 Keys to constructing the perfect opponent for your hero. (This is harder than you think as it requires weaving the attributes into the story world, the plot, and the moral question).
• The 22 building blocks to creating the best PLOT you’ve ever written.
• How to masterfully construct your story world. (This is a key element of your “voice” and what studios, and audiences, are looking for).
• How to build the reveals in a crescendo to make your plot sing.
• Hundreds of layered, professional techniques for scene sequencing.
• How to write 3-track dialogue, and how to layer it with meaning, emotion, and humor.
How to write outstanding stories in the top 12 genres in worldwide storytelling:
The story game is won or lost depending on how well you execute you genres.
The whole system comes down to special structures. Once you get the structure right for your genre mix, you can apply your creativity to twist beats and transcend the genre to create hits like Avatar, Westworld and The Matrix.
Understanding these, even in overview, will give you an exponentially deeper understanding of the Truby system, and how to use it to write the most compelling version of your story, FAST.
How do you know this system works?
Truby’s students have generated more than $15 billion at box office.
He is the world’s premier story instructor, for screenplays, novels, teleplays and video games.
Over the last 30 years, more than 50,000 writers have attended his sold-out seminars around the world.
Pixar, Disney, Sony Pictures, Studio Canal, Dreamworks, HBO, BBC,
Universal, 20th Century Fox, Globo and AMC regularly send their top writers and producers to Truby’s class.
Called “the best script doctor in the movie industry,” Truby serves as a story consultant for major studios and production companies worldwide, and has been a script doctor on more than 1,800 movies, sitcoms, and television dramas.
Truby’s principles and methods are the most innovative and useful approach to storytelling to be developed in several generations, which is why his classes regularly attract everyone from Oscar winners to first-time writers.
This 3-day class will teach you hundreds of professional techniques for mastering every step of the writing process: premise, character, theme, plot, structure, symbol, scene weave, scene construction, dialogue and rewrite.
Customers Who Bought This Also Purchased